Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Wicked Wednesday:George Steinbrenner
1. "But why shouldn't I speak out? Don't you speak out in this country?" Do you speak out as often as you should?
~~~ Why not??? Me who comes from another country and migrated here thought that America is a land of the FREE!! That you can speak out without being tag or being sued or being concern about political correctness!! Because for me by speaking, I am giving my opinion and I am responsible of what I believe in. And it doesn't matter if you agree or not just let me speak!! ^_^
2. "I am tough. Sometimes I'm unreasonable. I have to catch myself every once in a while." Are you ever tough and unreasonable?
~~~ Yes, I am tough in a way but soft like a marshmallow too. I think in some ways I might be unreasonable but I do correct it immediately I THINK! ^_^
3. "I haven't always done a good job, and I haven't always been successful - but I know that I have tried." Do you believe that sometimes you learn more from a failure than a success?
~~~ Oh yes definitely I always do. And thankfully I have that great power to not to do it again and that is being tough.
4. "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next." Do you feel that you always have to win?
~~~ No not really. But it would be nice to win all the time but if I can't do it why push myself right? It would end up making me have wrinkles and I don't have money for botox hahahaha!
5. "It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk.” Do you think money always buys greatness?
6. "I take my last phone call at home at about 11pm." What time is too late to call you?
~~~ Oh I am not a phone person. But anybody could call me if it's important but for just mere talking it's a big no no to me.
7. "Don't talk to me about aesthetics or tradition. Talk to me about what sells and what's good right now." Do you think tradition matters?
~~~ Yes, I do think tradition matters. Because how do you live by without tradition? It's like you are walking in this world wondering what you do because you don't have no tradition to follow and pass on. It's kind of lonely to have tradition. From my home country we have plenty of tradition, like respect of older people, take care to one another, and etc. Which is for me is very good to pass on to the new generation.
8. "And what the American people like is to think the underdog still has a chance." Do you tend to root for the underdog?
~~~ I don't like to label a person underdog it's not a good idea. And it's a good feeling to root for underdog though but we can't do that anytime and also how we knew if it gives them a possible effect on them?
9. "I don't think I ever could exceed my father's successes. He was a completely satisfied man, he knew what he wanted to accomplish and he accomplished it. I did do a lot, though, to try to please him." Do you ever feel that you want to exceed your parents successes?
~~~ Well I think I did succeed in my own right! And I think my parents are happy about me and that is what's important.
10. "I'm really 95 percent Mr. Rogers, and only 5 percent Oscar the Grouch." In terms of cartoon characters, who are you like?
~~~ This is fun because I've never think of myself as cartoon character, but I think I will choose as the Sleeping Beauty. ^_^
Thanks for stopping by to read my Wednesday Wickedness. If you want to read some others, stop by Wednesday Wickedness. Feel free to join in the fun too!