Monday, October 24, 2011

My Malungay

In the Philippines malungay or kamungay in Cebuano is a common vegetable to see not here in the US of course. And because of that we drive for about 45 minutes or an hour just to buy a frozen malungay. Few years ago I found this Filipina who is selling vegetables in pots. I bought a pot of malungay and it is worth $25.00 Thankfully, it did not die but in winter it is my baby, lol! Right now it is sprouting with new leaves. Here are some of the photos.

I know that to us Filipino's this plant is very familiar to us. I found out that most of our tropical plants are air purifier. After I learned that they are all air purifier I did not hesitate to buy these flowers and it is worth $9.99. I told my hubby that in the Philippines we do not mind this plant but here I bought it, lol!! Here is what I am talking about.

And if you notice this plant excrete water. I never seen this in the Philippines but here only. Isn't that awesome? Linking this post to Green Monday.



3 comments:

imriz said...

pricey^_^ i'll give you more branches when u get back here in pinas:)
first time to hear such a malunggay oozing with water?

mygreenlivingideas said...

ooh, i so love malunggay, that's one of my favorite. thanks for sharing and hope to see you again on green monday

千禧 Xu said...

ray bans
pandora outlet
canada goose jackets
pandora charms sale clearance
pandora charms
adidas nmd runner
chargers jerseys
michael kors outlet
nhl jerseys
tiffany and co

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...